The Cochrane Camera Club is a community club for Cochrane and area photography enthusiasts. Our members range from amateurs who are new to photography, to enthusiasts, to professional photographers.
The club’s objectives within the photography community include:
- Enjoyment of Photography
- Improving Photography Skills
- Encouraging Photography
- Creating opportunities for members to take photos
- Sharing Photography
We accomplish this through:
- Monthly meetings, where photographers share photos, both digital images and printed photos, on various subjects and photo challenges
- Monthly photo “challenges” to encourage members to develop their photography skills and have fun by taking photos with a common theme
- Speakers at the monthly meetings providing information and insight on a specific topic selected for the meeting
- Photo outings, where CCC members can participate in various organized activities to take photos, such as trips into the mountains and other venues
- Opportunities to showcase member’s photos by hanging them at Guy’s Cafe
The members meet the 2nd Wednesday of each month (September to June) at the Guy’s Cafe– 201 Grande Blvd #6 in Cochrane from 7:00 – 9:30. Doors open for us at 6:30 and you are welcome to come in and get a sandwich, baking, and/or coffee/tea/soft drinks prior to the meeting.
From 7:00 – 7:30, members visit, share photos to be displayed at Guy’s Cafe, swap magazines and more…Meetings start at 7:30 pm and run till approximately 9:30 pm.
Check out the calendar for our meeting dates and location.
Featured image – Riviera Pond in Cochrane – photographer Jo-Anne Oucharek